Stained Wood Eggs
For each egg you will need:
Wooden egg- ITEM #EGG-212, #EGGF-212, or #EGG-2
2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
6-8 drops liquid food coloring
Other supplies needed:
Disposable plastic bowls
- For each color desired, prepare a disposable plastic bowl.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol per each egg of that color with 6 drops of one color of food coloring per each egg. Mix well with the spoon.
- Roll 1 egg in the dying solution, until all parts of the egg have been in the dye.
- If desired, remove the egg, and add 2 more drops of food coloring for a deeper color.
- Dip each egg a second time, rolling to cover all sides. The egg should be entirely dyed, but the color will show in different shades on different parts of the egg, depending on the side of the egg and the grain of the wood.
- Leave egg to dry on paper towel covered surface. Do not allow differently colored eggs to touch each other until all are fully dried.