Tiny Wooden Candy Apples
For each candy apple, you will need: Other supplies needed:
1 miniature apple, item #WTAP-12
or #WTAP-78 Tacky glue
Wood skewer Red acrylic paint
Thin ribbon Caramel-colored gloss acrylic paint
- Paint each apple red. Let dry completely.
- Use sharp scissors to cut skewer to proportional size for apple. Poke one end of skewer into the hole in the apple.
- Prepare a flat surface by covering it with wax paper or parchment baking paper.
- Pour glossy paint into a small cup. Do not thin the paint.
- Holding the apple by the skewer, dip the apple about 1/3 to ½ of the way into the caramel- colored paint.
- Lift the apple out slowly, swirling from side to side for a few seconds.
- Stand the apple straight up, so that the extra paint pools at the bottom.
- Let dry very well-it may take 1-2 days.
- Tie a piece of ribbon into a bow, onto the skewer, directly above each apple.